Sunday, March 29, 2009

Drunk Americans in Montreal


I wanted to see Passion Pit tonight, but they had to cancel their whole Canadian tour for health reasons. Ok ok, their show was scheduled on Wednesday, but for some reason, I had written down that it was tonight. A bit confused and still in the mood to see a show, I decided to go to Il Motore, our new venue here in Montreal, to see what was there. It was my first time there and I think it's a cool venue. It's really located out of nowhere - near metro Parc -, but their washrooms are really big and clean. Overall, it's good.

The main band playing was Takka Takka from New York City. The five of them had the same sweater with an animal face in the back of the hood. I don't know about that, but I really enjoyed their music. Not only do they focus on melodies and arrangements, but they also make sure that their songs are danceable. I talked to the singer before the show and he sounded like a nice guy. He said they were going to get drunk to celebrate the end of their tour with the Montreal-based Sister Suvi. While they're enduring headaches in the van back to NYC, I encourage you to listen to 'Everybody Say', the best song of their debut album.

Mediafire: Takka Takka - Everybody Say (192 kbps) Takka Takka - Migration

No comments: