Tuesday, April 7, 2009

'En avril, ne te découvre pas d'un fil'


Yep, it's snowing again in Montreal. I don't mind that much about the snow, but the cold wind is a real pain in the ass. It's still not enough to stop all these albums to be released though. Among those I was interested in, there was the new Metric – overhyped -, the new Crystal Antlers – their EP was better -, the new Black Dice – too experimental – and the new Thieves Like Us – nothing really new here. There was also the new Neil Young, which came close to being my choice for today. But I thought, ‘Something that would have been good 40 years ago isn’t necessarily good now, right?’

I’ll rather talk about the new Doves. These guys from Manchester released their fourth album today. It's entitled Kingdom of Rust, after the name of the first single. We know this band for their very good singles There Goes The Fear from 2002 and especially Black and White Town from their last album, Some Cities, released in 2005. If you like bands like Oasis and The Verve, you will love this. If you don’t like these bands that much, like myself, you won’t love it, but you will probably still appreciate it. So I guess it’s good. Here's the album's lead track.

Download: Doves – Jetstream Buy it on: Doves - Kingdom of Rust

No comments: